DescriptionWe are a small group of scientists who decided to promote the Faculty of Science as a safe place for everyone, for minorities, and the Lesbian-Gay-Bi-Trans-Intersex-* (LGBTI+) community.
The meeting is for everyone and, most importantly, those who wish to know more about the LGBTI+ community and how to make our Faculty a better place for LGBTI+ people. We warmly welcome supervisors and project leaders to this event.
Chaired by Lucile Turc (Department of Physics) our event will present the many layers of wellbeing at the Faculty with:
1) A short introduction to the new Code of Conduct by David Weir (Department of Physics).
2) A presentation of the goals and purpose of departmental wellbeing groups by David Whipp (Institute of Seismology).
3) Welcome words from the Kumpula LGBTI+ Community founders.
4) The main topic of this Colloquium, a presentation on “How to best welcome LGBTI+ individuals at the Faculty of Science?” by Juulia-Gabrielle Moreau (Department of Geosciences and Geography), with an invited speaker, Jaana Pirskanen from Seta (LGBTI+ association of Finland).
5) Final words from the Vice Dean for Societal Interaction, Communication and Equality Issues, Samuli Siltanen (Department of Mathematics).
|Period||14 Mar 2019|
|Location||Helsinki, FinlandShow on map|
|Degree of Recognition||Local|