Research Output per year
• Need of establishing a wider range of user-friendly channels for the community to access and participate in the co-production process
• Exploration of new models based on cooperation and open shared solutions to ensure quality and sustainable services
• Opportunity to introduce new emerging technologies assisting the public services provision and test their impact and viability within this changing landscape
EMERGREEN addresses these challenges by bringing new innovative models for participative, user-centred, quality and sustainable public services aiming greener communities. 7 partners coming from 5 NPA regions will cooperate following an open and innovative approach underpinned by:
• The introduction of new emerging technologies and
• The exploration of new business models for public services provision in remote areas
The project seeks for suitable models based on shared solutions and more intense use of novel technologies. A common approach involving the relevant stakeholders will be followed by the partnership to test different emerging technologies in the provision of green growth type of public services in the 5 participating regions including marine litter and zero waste circular management, green growth advisory services, intelligent green participation and data story telling of green energies service.
A transnational platform making the services accessible on a transboundary basis will be set up with the vision to be expanded and host other technology-led public services from other NPA regions and service areas.
EMERGREEN – Emerging technologies for greener communities project is funded by the European Union’s Northern Periphery and Arctic programme (2014–2020).
|Effective start/end date||01/10/2018 → 30/09/2021|
Border crossing and trespassing? Expanding digital humanities research to developing peripheries with the novel digital technologiesRyynänen, T. & Hyyryläinen, T., 2019, Proceedings of the Research Data and Humanities (RDHUM) 2019 Conference: Data, Methods and Tools. Juntunen, J. H., Brunni, S., Kunnas, N., Palviainen, S. & Västi, K. (eds.). Oulu: University of Oulu, p. 189-198 10 p. (Studia humaniora ouluensia; no. 17).
Research output: Chapter in Book/Report/Conference proceeding › Conference contribution › Scientific › peer-review
Research output: Conference materials › Abstract
Activities per year
Border Crossing and Trespassing? Expanding Digital Humanities Research to Developing Peripheries with the Novel Digital Technologies
Toni Ryynänen (Speaker)
Activity: Talk or presentation types › Oral presentation