KuvausWelcome to the second public virtual event of the Popular Science Communication for Academics course! We'll be talking about social media as a method of science communication with a very exciting group of panelists:
- HEPP PI, Dr. Emilia Palonen (@epalonen), university researcher in political science, a regular commentator in the media as well as a science communicator on Twitter.
- Dr. Tuomas Aivelo (@aivelo), researcher at the University of Helsinki, an ecologist and evolutionary biologist. He is active in science communicator on Twitter, he blogs, and has been the coauthor for several biology textbooks for upper secondary schools.
- Aleksandra Dobrego (@a_dobrego), a PhD candidate at the University of Helsinki and participant in a project called The Science Basement, which aims at encouraging young researchers to communicate their research to the public. They have a podcast and organise events.
- Dr. Tom Crawford (@tomrocksmaths) is a mathematician at Oxford University. He is active on his own website, Youtube, Twitter and Instagram. He was featured as YouTube’s ‘Creator on the Rise’ in December 2020.
- Alina Scott (@alinaiscott) is a Ph.D. Candidate at the University of Texas at Austin. She is currently the host of the History Department's 15 Minute History Podcast and is an active science communicator on Twitter and TikTok.
- Moderator: Zea Szebeni, HEPP affiliated PhD candidate
This course is co-organized by three doctoral programmes at the University of Helsinki:
Interdisciplinary Environmental Sciences
Political, Societal, and Regional Change
|Aikajakso||17 toukok. 2021|
|Sijainti||Helsinki, SuomiNäytä kartalla|