b. 26 April 1979, Tornio, Finland; Married, one daughter (b. 07).
- Licentiate of Social Science, University of Helsinki, 2008.
- Master of Social Science, University of Lapland, 2003.
- Matriculation examination, Kemin Lyseon Lukio, 1998.
- 1/2006-present, Researcher, Finnish Graduate School for Russian and East European Studies, Aleksanteri-Institute.
- 8/2003-present, PhD Student, Department of Political Science, University of Helsinki.
- 5-6/2005, Evaluator of entrance examinations, University of Helsinki, Department of Political Science.
- 3/2005-12/2005, Research grant from University of Helsinki Research Foundation.
- 1-12/2004, Research grant from Tampere Peace Research Institute.
Other academic assignments and merits
- Reviewed article manuscripts for Idäntutkimus (2), Kosmopolis, Politiikka, European Journal of International Relations, Millennium, Security Dialogue and International Political Sociology, and a book manuscript for Kikimora.
- Pedagogical training: University Pedagogy I (10 credits), spring 2009.
- 4/2005-7/2009, Review editor for Cooperation and Conflict: Journal of the Nordic International Studies Association (SAGE Publications, London).
- 1/2003-present, Member of the Board, Finnish Peace Research Association.
- 2009 vice-chair of the board
- 1/2010-present, chair of the board
- 10/2008-3/2009 Visiting Researcher, Unit for Policy Planning and Research, Ministry for Foreign Affairs of Finland.
- 9/2006 Local organizer: COST Action A24 Joint Seminar for Younger Scholars: Critical Approaches to Security in Europe II – Constructing Insecurity and the Political. Tampere, 29.9. – 1.10.2006.
- 9-10/2005 Researcher-in-Residence, Archives of the OSCE, Prague.
- Discussant for Dr. Wolfgang Zellner’s report: “Managing Change in Europe”. MFA of Finland, 11 July 2005.
Finnish, English, Swedish, German (basics), Latvian (basics).